IU has a broad health sciences community with diverse technology needs. UITS Clinical Affairs IT Services (CAITS) provides specialized tech support, application development, infrastructure, and multimedia technology services to life and health sciences departments and healthcare organizations across the university.
CAITS offers technical support and resources to address the specific technology needs of clinical affairs faculty, staff, and students.
- Multimedia technology services: Maintenance and repair for all hardware in clinical affairs common rooms or meeting spaces (e.g., computers, projectors, touchscreens)
- Systems infrastructure: Support for operating systems and servers that deliver programs and applications to departments
- Policies: A catalog of security policies and procedures for healthcare IT
- Support services: Assistance for smaller technical issues (e.g., desktop hardware, software, printers, mobile devices)
- Application development: Maintainance for already-existing applications and help building new software and applications
- Consulting and planning: Technology planning on all new or newly renovated campus facilities
CAITS works closely with university life and health sciences departments and healthcare organizations. Partners include:
- IU Health
- IU School of Dentistry
- IU School of Medicine
- Regenstrief Institute
- Eskenazi Health
- Richard L. Roudebush Veterans Administration Hospital
Request assistance for tech-related challenges by submitting a Service Request form via the Footprints ticket system.
CAITS help desk
Phone: (317) 274-5336 (for emergencies)
Hours: 6:30am–8pm (M–F)*
* Calls outside normal business hours are routed to the on-call CAITS staff person.